Great question! You'll need a support system for your new mattress, but the choice of what type of system is yours. At Helix, we offer two options:
The Helix Foundation
- The Helix Foundation, very similar to a box spring, should be placed directly beneath your mattress. The Helix Foundation is designed specifically to work with your Helix Mattress - with slats across it no wider than 5” apart to avoid any sagging. The foundation is 7.5” tall and built of SPF (spruce, pine, fir) wood for high-end support. Lastly, our foundation can be built and broken down in only 2-3 minutes with no tools.
Price: Twin - $200, Twin XL - $225, Full - $250, Queen - $275, King - $325, CA King - $1,245
Works With: Helix Mattress, Helix Frame
Does NOT Work With: Helix Adjustable Base
Add the Helix Frame to your sleep system for an extra 7.25 inches.
Helix Adjustable Base
The Helix Adjustable Base is our second base option that we offer. It’s compatible with both Helix Standard and Luxe beds. It can be placed in many outside bed frames or used on its own with your Helix Mattress, but it’s not compatible with the Helix Foundation or Helix Frame. The Adjustable Base includes features that take your sleep to the next level:
- Head up & Foot Up - Total control for optimal comfort for the various activities in your bed such as watching TV. Also helps to reduce snoring.
- Zero Gravity - Simulates weightlessness to alleviate the forces of pressure on your back and spine
- Memory Settings - Find a position that’s best for you? Your Adjustable Base will remember it for later
- Multi-Port USB Charging - Charge your various devices directly from your Adjustable Base to avoid long wires around your night table
- Adjustable Leg Height - Change the height to your desire. Fits in most bed frames.
Price: Twin XL - $895, Queen - $995, King - $1,495, CA King - $1,495, Split King - $1,695
What are my other options?
Boxspring with Bunkie Board
If you’re hoping to use your current box spring, but the slats are more than 5 inches apart, it’s important to use a bunkie board or piece of plywood to provide the proper support to your Helix.
Platform beds have picked up popularity in the past few years, and offer the correct support for a Helix or hybrid bed. If your platform bed or bed frame has slats, be sure that they’re not more than 5 inches apart.
What about the floor?
Although the floor will support your Helix, we don’t recommend using it for a long-term solution. Your Helix can temporary sit directly on the on the floor, but could lead to molding on the bottom of your mattress over time, depending on your location. If you do need to sleep with your Helix on the floor, we suggest propping it up every so often to allow some airflow and avoid mold, which is not covered under our warranty.
Have any more questions? Our Sleep Experts are ready to chat.