One of the most common requests we got from our customers was a bed that was built specifically for plus sized and big & tall sleepers....so we made one! Learn all about the feature and specs of the Helix Nightfall Mattress.
Jerry Lin, Co-Founder and Head of Product Design
What's going on in the Helix Nightfall Mattress?
Why We Made The Helix Nightfall Mattress
- We designed the Nightfall because we were hearing that a lot of customers who are plus sized or big and tall were having issues with their old mattresses. They were either having issues with durability and sagging, or they weren’t getting the right level of support and couldn’t get a good quality, comfortable night’s sleep.
- We started to do some research and we found that up to 30% of our customers were at a BMI where they had specific needs in their mattress and were probably going to have issues with a traditional mattress. We wanted to make a product that was going to offer support and durability, but also make sure that our customers didn’t have to sacrifice comfort at the same time, so we designed a product that accomplished all of those things.
- A common problem for plus sized sleepers is that a lower quality mattress may begin to show signs of sagging or depressions. This is usually due to the density of the materials used not being high enough to support your body. The HELIX NIGHTFALL uses 3.75 and 4.0 PCF (pounds per cubic foot) foams, which is the highest class density materials to make sure your mattress has the right durability. No more body impressions or sagging!
- Another common complaints that plus sized sleepers have about their mattresses is that their mattress does not offer enough support. Proper support is a key factor in providing comfort while you’re sleeping as well as reducing back pain. When a mattress has too little support, your body sinks into the bed forcing your spine and joints into awkward positions.
- The Helix Nightfall Mattress is designed using an additional support layer to provide extra support. This extra layer goes a long way towards better sleep and less pain. We’ve built in 3 different layers of foam, Helix Dynamic Foam for springiness and bounce, Ultra Dense Memory Foam for pressure relief, and High-Grade Polyfoam for support.
- In addition to using super high quality materials in the upper layers of the mattress, All Helix mattresses (including The Nightfall) feature reinforced coils to provide edge support. This means the outside of the mattress actually has different coils than the interior, so you won’t get that feeling that you are falling out of the bed when you’re by the side. The Helix Nightfall mattress features a taller coil unit with reinforced edge support to provide extra support. The reinforced taller springs also give the mattress some great bounce, so you don’t feel like you’re stuck in the mattress.
One of the most common comfort issues we hear from plus sized sleepers is about getting hot at night. The Helix Nightfall Mattress includes the option to upgrade to our Ultra Cool Cover, which uses phase change material which is cool to the touch and pulls heat out of your body while you sleep. It keeps you cool at night and it zips right onto the mattress.